Titles Published by Gordon J. Hilsman, D. Min.
- Spiritual Care in Common Terms: How Chaplains Can Effectively Describe the Spiritual Needs of
Patients in Medical Records (Jessica Kingsley Publications: December 2016)
- Intimate Spirituality: The Catholic Way of Love and Sex(Rowman & Littlefield: 2007).
-Doctoral (D. Min.) Project (1989) - The Spirituality of U.S. Pastoral Clinicians
Websites: www.sermonsfromthebed.com www.spiritualclinician.com www.gordonhilsman.com
1. Laicization, Article in the Dictionary of Pastoral Care and Counseling, Abingdon, 1988.
2. Competencies of the New (and some old) Spiritual Care Work, lead article in the Caregiver Journal, 1996.
3. The Place of Spirituality in Managed Care, Health Progress, Jan/Feb. 1997.
4. Count Something that Counts, Vision, vol. 6, No. 8, 1996.
5. Grafting CPE : Teaching Competencies for the New Spiritual Care Work, lead article in The Journal of Pastoral Care, Spring, 1997.
6. Spiritual Pathways : One Response to the current Standards Challenge, Vision, Spring, 1997.
7. A Pathway for Prior Grief, Chaplaincy Today, Vol. 14, No. 2, 1998.
8. Seven Windows into the Future of the Pastoral Care and Counseling Movement, The Journal of Supervision and Training in Ministry, Spring 2000.
9. Clinical Supervision and Romantic Love: An Essay on Productive Parallels, The Journal of Supervision and Training in Ministry, Spring 2001
10. Siblings or Foes: What Now in Spiritual Care Research?, Chapter in Professional Chaplaincy and Clinical Pastoral Education Should Become More Scientific: Yes and No, Hayworth Press: 2003
11. Towards a Catholic Kama Sutra, National Catholic Reporter, March 21, 2008.
12. When Physicians Open Their Souls, with Juan Iregui, MD, MA, Health Progress, 2009.
13. Sexuality in Clinical Supervision, chapter in Courageous Conversations, The Teaching and Learning of Pastoral Supervision, Bill DeLong, ed., (Academic Press of America: 2009).
14. Standards and Virtue: Tandem Windows for Evaluating Professional Practice, Reflective Practice, vol. 30, 2009.
15. In Search of Theory and Criteria for the Practice of Distance Supervision, with Angelika Zollfrank in Reflective Practice, vol. 31, 2011.
16. Self Assessed Spiritual Skills as Indicators of Growth in Initial Clinical Pastoral Education, Reflective Practice, vol. 32, 2012.
The Spiritual Clinician For workshops on these topics contact Gordon J Hilsman, D.Min. email@example.com
Copyright © The Spiritual Clinician. All rights reserved.